We are a small Christian church family located in Burry Green, fifteen miles from the City of Swansea.
Bethesda is marking its bicentenary with a commemorative plate, produced by Felingwm Pottery and available for £15. The church is also building a new hall that will be opened by Reverend Dafydd Andrew Jones, Moderator of the General Assembly, on 25 May. It will be called the Gordon Room in remembrance of their 100 year old elder, J. Deane Gordon who died a couple of years ago and whose legacy, along with Strategy money, funded the building project.
We have youth events on Sundays and during the week. We also meet to encourage one another in our Christian faith on Wednesdays when we meet for Bible Study/Prayer at 7pm and Open Home, Open Bible at 12.30pm.
Our church is Bible-based, welcoming and mission-minded. Our history goes back to 1813 when Lady Diana Barham out of concern for the spiritual needs of the area, employed a minister and built the church and manse.
We are led by our minister, Reverend Iain B. Hodgins, and three elders. Our church is part of the Gower Pastorate which encompasses Cheriton, Old Walls, Crofty and Penclawdd.
Please join us if you are visiting Gower!