Today, Cwm Ystwyth is very different area compared to how it was when the present chapel was built in 1870. Then, over 500 people attended meetings. By now, the number of members has fallen to eleven – most of whom travel some distance to attend the meetings.
Next to the chapel stand a comfortable vestry and impressive chapel house. The vestry is the village meeting place and hosts Cymdeithas y Cwm a’r Cyffiniau and also Cwm Ystwyth Minutes, which trace the area’s history.