The Women’s Sub-Committee decides on an annual theme for their work. The theme helps us focus on our work and we will use resources during the Women’s events. This year we have produced an attractive booklet full of ideas on our Theme as well as news of our projects home and overseas.
Plans for 2018-19
Time Out: Supporting Younger Women
Daily life is full of small and big challenges.
Unexpected events disturb our peace of mind.
It is wonderful to share with others and find peace by experiencing the care, support and love of the Lord.
The scheme provides:
- An opportunity for women to get together over food.
- Comfortable and informal atmosphere.
- Considering day to day challenges.
- An opportunity to wonder at the promises and leadership of the Lord
- Busy, busy! Where is our peace?
- Value of Life. Dealing with change
- Keeping going. Walking with Jesus.
- Taking Opportunities. Reaching our potential.
- Establishing order in life. God’s Promises.
An exciting new project in co-operation with the Children and Youth Team.
To reach out to people in need in church and the local community
The objective is to reach out to individuals who face challenges in our family circles and neighbourhood through kindness and simple practical care.
Our hope is to share the love of the Lord with those who are lonely, without family support, carers and the vulnerable in the local community. We can refer individuals to local services.
Here are some examples to introduce:
- Opportunity to socialize, share burdens and relax: phone calls, supporting carers, prayer, writing a letter, reading
- Busy Hands- knitting ideas for older people, and those who are losing their memory
- Resources – CD of hymns, Bible readings and prayers.
Crochet for Premature Babies
Please click here to download the Crochet Octopus pattern
Auntie Maggies Slippers
Please click here to download the pattern.
Mary’s Path : Our Path
A special session based on the life of Mary Jones to encourage us in our faith and walk with God.
Please click here for more information
Engaging with the Bible
Have we lost sight of the worth and importance of the Bible to us today?
A booklet of Bible readings are now available to assist us to re-discover the eternal treasures of the Bible. They have been written by Welsh women, based on Mari Jones’s historic journey. In co-operation with the Welsh Bible Society.
Available from Eirian, Carys or Sarah for £2.50