In this section you will find resources for running and maintaining your church’s property.
- Health and safety information (coming soon)
- Health and safety questionnaire
- Authority to sell: forms and guidance notes
- Tenancy pack
- Shorthold assured tenancy agreement
- Guidance for management of cemetries
- Charity Surveyor’s Report Compliance Notes
- An occasional events checklist (from the Churches’ Legislation Advisory Service website) (Word document)
VAT on Listed Chapels
Property for sale
We do have a few redundant churches that are currently available for sale. The properties are usually offered freehold with certain restrictions upon future use and further information can be obtained from the appointed selling agent. To see our churches that are currently on the market please click here
What you need to do:
If you carry out any of the following landlord duties in Wales then you will need to make sure that your properties are registered. The only exemptions are whether rent is LESS THAN £250 p/annum or if an employed minister is living in the property. All Chapel Houses, Church owned Flat’s / Houses etc NEED to be registered.
- arranging or conducting viewings with prospective tenants;
- gathering evidence for the purpose of establishing the suitability of prospective tenants (for example, by confirming character references, undertaking credit checks or interviewing a prospective tenant);
- preparing, or arranging the preparation, of a tenancy agreement;
- preparing, or arranging the preparation, of an inventory for the dwelling or schedule of condition for the dwelling
- collecting rent;
- being the principal point of contact for the tenant in relation to matters arising under the tenancy;
- making arrangements with a person to carry out repairs or maintenance;
- making arrangements with a tenant or occupier of the dwelling to secure access to the dwelling for any purpose;
- checking the contents or condition of the dwelling, or arranging for them to be checked as part of a current tenancy or for one which has ended;
- serving notice to terminate a tenancy.
You can do this by filling out this registration form and return to Alice or Neil at the Central Office, Cardiff. You may also need to complete a training course, you can do this online or in a classroom setting. Please contact Alice to arrange the relevant training course for you.
Please note: If you have chosen to instruct an Estate Agent to manage the property for you, you still need to fill out the registration form and return to the Central Office.
Rent Smart Documents
- Rent Smart Registration Form (Word Document to be returned to Central Office)
- Rent Smart Information Leaflet (PDF)
- Rent Smart Promotional Poster (PDF)